A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, July 7, 2017

Tree Down


I walked up the road from camp one day to an access road down to the river below.  There were four campsites down there with only one near the water and that one had this to see.

I would like to have seen this tree fall as the river cut it away from the bank.
I imagine it was a slow motion fall.  Just my thought.

The locals say they had an unusually high amount of snow and rain this past winter and I gather the rivers would be much lower at this time of the year.
 

Good for the river rafting business on the Salmon and Snake Rivers I bet.

3 comments:

  1. That tree came down with a crash and a splash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually saw a tree on the riverbank fall into the Kootenay River years ago. Yes, it was slow motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kootenay River years ago. Yes, it was slow motion.

    บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.